Rainbow Snippets is bowing to popular demand

queen-of-liberty-202218_640Last week’s snippet from my US-set short story Epiphany, soon to be out in second edition in the Truly, Madly, Boys anthology, ended on a bit of a tease with the line, You probably want to know what he looks like, right?

So for all those who were kind enough to comment in the affirmative, here are the next 6 or so lines:

Hell, I’m no damn good at describing shit. Five-ten, maybe, least he looks like he’s a couple inches shorter than me, real skinny, with kinda mousy brown hair—see, this is why I don’t do descriptive. You’re thinking, hell, he’s nothing special, but let me tell you, he’s fucking breathtaking. Cutest little pointy chin, pale face like he don’t get out a whole lot. Fuck it. He’s beautiful. You just gotta trust me on that.
rainbow snippits scissors

Don’t forget to check out the rainbow snippets Facebook group for more little excerpts from a whole host of talented authors here.

Truly, Madly, Boys will be out on 14th June and features 4 short stories, 2 by me and 2 by the lovely Josephine Myles,

It will be available exclusively on Kindle.

Advertisements

About jlmerrow

JL Merrow is that rare beast, an English person who refuses to drink tea. She read Natural Sciences at Cambridge, where she learned many things, chief amongst which was that she never wanted to see the inside of a lab ever again. Her one regret is that she never mastered the ability of punting one-handed whilst holding a glass of champagne. She writes across genres, with a preference for contemporary gay romance and the paranormal, and is frequently accused of humour. Find JL Merrow online at: www.jlmerrow.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Rainbow Snippets is bowing to popular demand

1. rapadmos says:

Cute in a very cute way. 🙂

2. P.T. Wyant says:

Sounds like someone is smitten.

My best friend teases me when I find someone.. “Not really good looking but there’s just something about him.” Sounds like your narrator understands that “something you just can’t explain.”

3. Aww, this is cute, for all the bashful swearing! 🙂

4. louiselyons013 says:

He’s cute. I trust you on that 😉

5. Jana Denardo says:

I love his voice in this and I trust him. He’s cute.

6. Yes. I think it’s safe to say someone is well and truly smitten.

7. Loving your POV character. He’ll be fun to read. 🙂

8. Alexa Milne says:

Made me smile. I love it when people see something others don’t.

9. velvetpanic says:

Love his voice…:D

10. Love it! He’s definitely seen something there. ❤

11. amyraenbow says:

🙂 I love how determined he is to convince the reader that this guy is gorgeous, like he’s defending his honour.

12. Love this! He is obviously smitten.